Who we are
Our website address is: https://giftsandgooddeals.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
In most cases, we process your personal data for our own purposes as a controller, which means that we determine the above-mentioned purposes for the collection of your personal data, the means of processing and the proper execution.
We transfer your personal data to our partners only if it is necessary within the performance of a Purchase Agreement, e.g. to ensure payment or transport, as part of the performance of a MyNotino Club Agreement, on the basis of a legitimate interest, or if you have given your consent to the transfer in advance.
We also transfer your personal data to our processors, who, of course, comply with the statutory conditions for personal data protection. These processors process personal data according to our instructions and your rights are not affected by this processing. With your consent, we may also transfer your personal data to social networks or marketing tool operators to display targeted advertising on other websites.
Categories of recipients
We may transfer your personal data to the following entities:
- payment service companies for the purpose of processing payments based on your order, i.e. fulfilling a Purchase Agreement;
- carriers for the purpose of delivering the products or services you have ordered and resolving complaints, including withdrawal from a Purchase Agreement;
- suppliers of goods or service centers in connection with a complaint related to goods or services ordered by you;
- partners who distribute commercial communications, who are bound by a duty of confidentiality and may not use your personal data for any other purpose;
- operators of marketing tools who help us personalise offers and content;
- social networks if you communicate with us through them or share content with us through social plugins;
- providers of tools for customer service communication with you or external call centers;
- technology vendors and cloud service providers;
- legal or financial representatives or courts for the purpose of the processing of tax documents, recovery of debts or for other reasons ensuing from the fulfillment of our statutory obligations;
- public authorities in the case of enforcement of our rights (e.g. the police).
If third parties use your personal data in the course of their own legitimate interests, we are not responsible for such processing. Such possible processing is governed exclusively by the privacy policies of the relevant companies and persons.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may have heard about the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). GDPR gives people under its protection certain rights with respect to their personal information collected by us on the Site. Accordingly, Gifts and Good Deals will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Propellor services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use and disclosure, unauthorised destruction or accidental loss.